WEBCOR IN THE COMMUNITY
It’s Where We Live and Work
Community is one of Webcor’s core values and is embodied by Webcorians every day. From volunteering at the food bank to delivering PPE to frontline medical workers, Webcorians are always seeking ways to better our local communities.
Webcor ‘s engagement in the communities where we work and live is guided by our 1:1:1 approach: We donate 1 percent of our profits in cash donations, 1 percent in employees’ time, and 1 percent in in-kind donations.
Employees give their time in a number of ways, including participation in official company activities (like an annual Rebuilding Together activity) as well as using the 20 hours available every year to each employee for community work. Employees donate this time individually as well as through team activities.
A sampling of the organizations to which Webcorians have recently donated their time include the following:
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank — SoCal Webcorians raised $2,140 for the Food Bank in December, which was used to distribute over 8,500 meals for LA residents in need. Other activities included food box assembly and a holiday raffle fundraiser
- There with Care — The team at the Bay Meadows project partnered with this Bay Area organization that provides services to families and children during the critical phase of a medical crisis. The team raised over $1,600 in donations and collected items for gift bags. After a month of fundraising, team members gathered to assemble 30 care packages for children in need.
- Rebuilding Together Oakland | East Bay — Webcorians helped to deliver PPE goodie-bags filled with masks and hand sanitizers to low-income seniors in Oakland.
- The Compton Initiative/Compton’s Annual Community Service Day with Team Rubicon
- Back on My Feet — Hygiene packets and sponsorship of the homeless organization’s gala
- YMCA — Courtyard painting and virtual stair climb fundraiser
- Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services — Holiday toy drive
- Valley Presbyterian Hospitals — Donated 400 masks.
- Community Cleanup Day in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, Oakland’s Lake Merritt, and San Jose’s Almaden Lake Park
- Movember — Fundraising for annual men’s health campaign
- Kids Discovery Station, Merced — Webcor stepped up to volunteer construction expertise for a renovation
- San Francisco-Marin Food Bank — Assembled food packages for seniors who were unable to visit a grocery store
- Bayview Senior Center — Delivery of meals to vulnerable senior citizens, coordinated by the Biosolids Digester team
- Camp Pacifica — UC Merced Webcorians joined forces with the Lions Club of Merced to make renovations to the summer camp for hearing-impaired children
- CityBuild Academy San Francisco — Golf tournament raised funds for the 18-week pre-apprenticeship training partnership with the City College of San Francisco
- Merced Backpack Giveaway — The Merced team joined with the Merced Chamber of Commerce, the Tsunami Collaborative, and United Way to pass out over 700 backpacks, school supplies, and hot dogs to Merced families and school kids.
- Heal the Bay — SoCal Webcorians participated in the beach clean-up